Recently I was in need of a screencasting tool for Mac to take video of the screen content on the MacBook or iMac. In my search for how to do it, and which tools to use, I found these alternatives to make recordings of the screen.
- Jing Project – The concept of Jing is the always-ready program that instantly captures and shares images and video from your computer to anywhere.
- iShowU – allows you to capture and record anything you can see on your screen, along with audio from a compatible source (like a microphone) as well as any audio from the mac itself.
- Snapz Pro X – is a video capture technology, adroitly capturing full motion video of anything on your screen at a blistering pace, complete with digital audio, and an optional microphone voiceover.
- Macvide ScreenCap – Macvide ScreenCap allows you to capture and record anything you can see on your screen to image, video or flash. You can record audio from your desktop or from a microphone or other input device. With ScreenCap you can visual tutorials based on your own desktop content and movements.
- Camtasia:mac – Software for making a movie from content you record off your computer screen. There’s no easier way to create videos that are effective and fun to watch.
- Capture Me – is an open source screen capture and recording utility for Mac OS X
- QuickTime X – in Snow Leopard QuickTime got its own Screen Recording feature.